r-anne-dom : a place for me (anne) to leave random blog posts.
Such as:
..knitting, sewing, and other random activities pursued
..Girl Guides of Canada : yep, Guiding Lives Here
..the 4 shops on Etsy : one features quality handmade items; the second has lots of patterns, & crafting supplies; the third is stocked with Vintage; and the fourth is guiding flowers.
Enjoy the r-anne-domness!

February 03, 2009

Teams on Tuesday - Team ESST

Hm, I talked about Team ESST last week, and now find myself talking about them again. :) No disservice to the other teams I am a member of ... I'll get to you!

Team ESST is hosting a "First Weekend Monthly Shopping Extravaganza" this weekend from Thursday - Sunday February 5-8th.
Our team decided that "there will not be an "Overall theme" because we are a Global Marketplace and the seasons, cultures, holidays, etc can vary quite a bit. Although not required, we do strongly encourage shops to have a feature, theme or sale as this can pique interest and help you to draw people to your shop."

So, after giving it some thought, I'm going to have a BOGO sale this weekend - Buy One Get One Half Off in my Patterns And Such shop. Of course the "half off" item will be of equal or lesser value.

The thing on Etsy is, there is no easy way to input this to automatically calculate for us. So, we do one of 2 things: we either ask our customers not to pay right away (ack!) and then we send them an invoice via PayPal, or we refund them the excess they pay after they pay.

Personally, I prefer the 2nd one. I think I will allow my customers to choose though.

Now, back to the topic of Team ESST - our team blog includes my shop as one of the shops featured in today's blog post! Click here to see it!


No comments:

Post a Comment