r-anne-dom : a place for me (anne) to leave random blog posts.
Such as:
..knitting, sewing, and other random activities pursued
..Girl Guides of Canada : yep, Guiding Lives Here
..the 4 shops on Etsy : one features quality handmade items; the second has lots of patterns, & crafting supplies; the third is stocked with Vintage; and the fourth is guiding flowers.
Enjoy the r-anne-domness!

March 21, 2009

It's Spring!


It's spring!

How better to celebrate than to support me as I participate in my 28th year of the Great Ride 'n' Stride!

Great Ride 'n' Stride is a non-competitive fundraising event where participants walk, run, in-line skate or cycle, while raising funds for people living with cancer.

And this is my 28th year cycling!

When I started, we cycled the city streets for about 20 miles in The Great Ride. The last leg of the trip was on one of our busier streets and over the years, that street has become even busier. The route was changed to move the event to more bike paths and less streets, and shortened too, to 20 kms - but hey! there were lots more hills! In addition, a walking route was added. Now the event takes place in one of the largest city parks and I'm not really sure how long the route is - and I still cycle it. There are fewer cyclists now and most participants are walking, but to keep with the original tradition of this event, I'll be cycling for as long as I can. :)

Want to pledge me? It's easier than ever - just click the Great Ride 'n' Stride logo at the side of this message or any of the clickable links in this post. Your support will help the Canadian Cancer Society.
This year's event takes place on April 26, 2009. Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment