r-anne-dom : a place for me (anne) to leave random blog posts.
Such as:
..knitting, sewing, and other random activities pursued
..Girl Guides of Canada : yep, Guiding Lives Here
..the 4 shops on Etsy : one features quality handmade items; the second has lots of patterns, & crafting supplies; the third is stocked with Vintage; and the fourth is guiding flowers.
Enjoy the r-anne-domness!

April 29, 2009

Wednesday Wonder - bald eagle

I wonder if the bald eagle is nesting by the river again?
I took the above photo last year in May. The adult was feeding a young one in the nest - I like to imagine it was a fish. It's not a great photo but we were much farther away than it appears here. We used binoculars for a better view of the nest. This adult watched us the entire time - it was at least 10 minutes if not more. Then the adult flew away.

2 comments:

  1. I went back to the nest today, Paula, and both birds were there. I'm about to update my blog with more photos - do come visit. :)

    ReplyDelete