r-anne-dom : a place for me (anne) to leave random blog posts.
Such as:
..knitting, sewing, and other random activities pursued
..Girl Guides of Canada : yep, Guiding Lives Here
..the 4 shops on Etsy : one features quality handmade items; the second has lots of patterns, & crafting supplies; the third is stocked with Vintage; and the fourth is guiding flowers.
Enjoy the r-anne-domness!

April 08, 2009

Wednesday Wonder - Topsy Turvy Dolls


Topsy Turvy Dolls

They are just as their name suggests!
Each doll has a dual personality.

On the one side, she has a happy face. On the other side, there is a sad face.
Exactly right when empathy is needed!

After making one of these dolls for my granddaughter, I thought I'd buy some more fabric and try again.
I made several more and they are available in my ennadoolf etsy shop.

The doll pictured here isn't for sale because she's mine. :) And the gingham in her "happy" skirt is vintage fabric - my mom made dresses from this fabric for my sisters and I when we were much much younger than we are now.
She gave me the fabric recently, so this doll, and her vintage family heirloom skirt, is staying with me. :)
For more topsy turvy dolls, visit the Dolls Boutique at ennadoolf.etsy.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment