r-anne-dom : a place for me (anne) to leave random blog posts.
Such as:
..knitting, sewing, and other random activities pursued
..Girl Guides of Canada : yep, Guiding Lives Here
..the 4 shops on Etsy : one features quality handmade items; the second has lots of patterns, & crafting supplies; the third is stocked with Vintage; and the fourth is guiding flowers.
Enjoy the r-anne-domness!

May 18, 2009

Bald Eagles at their nest

Today we went back to see if the bald eagles were still using the nest that we visited last year.

Yes they are!

We found out about this bald eagle's nest last year and went on the May 24 holiday Monday (see post below).

Since it's the May 24 holiday Monday today, I thought we should go back. Lucky us! Today BOTH birds were at the nest.

I know these photos aren't the greatest, but I just used my point-n-shoot.

The birds are grand!
The female (on the left) flew away twice - the first time she came back with a large branch to add to the nest. The second time she returned, I snapped the photo above.
LOL, after taking the photos, I realized I had a setting on my camera to take multi-shots! I'll have to remember to use that next time!
This nest is within the city limits. A gentleman who came by with a much better camera than mine told us that the Conservation staff will band and tag the babies. We did see movement in the nest so we know there is at least one baby up there, but that's all we know.

No comments:

Post a Comment