r-anne-dom : a place for me (anne) to leave random blog posts.
Such as:
..knitting, sewing, and other random activities pursued
..Girl Guides of Canada : yep, Guiding Lives Here
..the 4 shops on Etsy : one features quality handmade items; the second has lots of patterns, & crafting supplies; the third is stocked with Vintage; and the fourth is guiding flowers.
Enjoy the r-anne-domness!

August 11, 2009

Teams on Tuesday - FAST and ROVING

FAST?

Really?

yep - on Etsy, this team is the Fiber Artists [Street Team] - and we work with, well, FIBER!


Joining this group, I've been introduced to new terms I was not familiar with - - one being ROVING. I heard it mentioned a lot and grew to learn what it is.


ROVING is created when wool has been washed and combed and carded. It looks all soft and fluffy and just makes you want to touch it! Roving is what you spin on a spinning wheel (or other method) to make your yarn. Many times roving will be dyed beautiful colours too!

I'm not a spinner. I doubt I'll ever be a spinner. But I do like the look of roving!


Check out Patterns And Such for patterns to knit/crochet with.

No comments:

Post a Comment