r-anne-dom : a place for me (anne) to leave random blog posts.
Such as:
..knitting, sewing, and other random activities pursued
..Girl Guides of Canada : yep, Guiding Lives Here
..the 4 shops on Etsy : one features quality handmade items; the second has lots of patterns, & crafting supplies; the third is stocked with Vintage; and the fourth is guiding flowers.
Enjoy the r-anne-domness!

January 30, 2011

Learn to Crochet - Check

Yes, the first of my New Year's Resolutions can be checked off.

Thankfully my New Year's resolution wasn't to become proficient at crochet! but just to learn it.  :)  And I did that.





I do plan to practice and try a pattern other than a dishcloth so that I can try the Single Crochet and Double Crochet as well as be able to follow a pattern.  I did start a small piece and I know I made some mistakes so I'd like to be able to learn how to identify what I've crocheted so I know how many Double Crochets I've completed.

And so I have lots to learn!

Here you can see the first piece where I learned how to get started and the sc (single crochet) and dc (double crochet) and hdc (half double crochet) so that we could try a pattern for a "Mile a Minute" afghan sampler.

Next we started a dishcloth out of cotton and I think I got the hang of that. I did a few rows and then started my afghan sampler.  No photos of either of those, sorry.  :)  Maybe next time.

Thanks so much to the Crochet Club of London for this workshop!  I know I have a friend who'd love to attend if you hold another, and I know Maureen has a friend who'd love to come too!  Please, book another Learn To Crochet workshop date!

No comments:

Post a Comment