r-anne-dom : a place for me (anne) to leave random blog posts.
Such as:
..knitting, sewing, and other random activities pursued
..Girl Guides of Canada : yep, Guiding Lives Here
..the 4 shops on Etsy : one features quality handmade items; the second has lots of patterns, & crafting supplies; the third is stocked with Vintage; and the fourth is guiding flowers.
Enjoy the r-anne-domness!

August 19, 2011

A Properly Lined Tote Bag


Remember I was trying out that Zest Tote Bag from Joann.com?

And I didn't like the unfinished look of the inside seams?
 
Well, I did make one with properly hidden seams and here it is.
 
I loved the contrast fabric at the top - and because it was all Spagetti, Rigatoni, Lasagna and other Italian pastas, I had to give the bag to my friend Joanna.  She and her mom, Nonna, will shop for pasta with it, right?! 
And maybe she'll bring me some Fettucini some time!  :)
 
I also thought of another way to hide the unfinished look of the original pattern ... and since those instructions are quicker, I might do this on the next ones ... simply cover the seams with bias tape.  Should work.  I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment