r-anne-dom : a place for me (anne) to leave random blog posts.
Such as:
..knitting, sewing, and other random activities pursued
..Girl Guides of Canada : yep, Guiding Lives Here
..the 4 shops on Etsy : one features quality handmade items; the second has lots of patterns, & crafting supplies; the third is stocked with Vintage; and the fourth is guiding flowers.
Enjoy the r-anne-domness!

March 06, 2013

Pattern Review - All Wrapped Up -- Bow Headband

Pattern Review - All Wrapped Up -- Bow Headband

I was asked to knit a headband in January.  I looked on ravelry.com for a free pattern and found the All Wrapped Up Bow Headband among others.

I love it.

It is a great pattern. 

Well written and simple.

And I made 11 in less than 2 months!

They are just so popular!

Modifications:
1.  The first headband I made, I used a slightly smaller yarn and once complete, I just didn't think it was suitable. So I held the yarn double and re-knit it and was thrilled with the results.

2.  I didn't read the instructions for the bow very well because I didn't do the first few in stockinette stitch.  :)  They still look good, but oops.

3.  One recipient requested a flower instead of a bow, so I used this flower pattern (crochet, not knit).

All in all, its a great pattern, well received by my friends and family, and a quick knit. 


Thanks Beth of North ThirtyFourth for a great pattern!

No comments:

Post a Comment